July 2, 2021 at 3:19 amSky0101Subscriber
Hello. I want to simulate a turbulent pipe flow by LES Kinetic-Energy Transport, where D= 2mm, L/D=10, Re=5400.
The geom and mesh as follow.July 2, 2021 at 6:52 amDrAmineAnsys EmployeeI would recommend Using the Synthetic Turbulence Generator and you need ti provide RANS Inlet Profiles. Increase the number of vortices for the VM will require some hidden commands which I cannot share here on this open platform.
I recommend however that you rather keep your fingers away from pure LES here and rely on Hybrid approach or at least on WMLES.
July 2, 2021 at 7:48 amDrAmineAnsys EmployeeThe subgrid scale can be estimated from the relationship with the eddy viscosity as mu_t=C_K*density*subgrid_K^0.5*Delta and you know know from Samgorinsky model that mu_t is density *(cs*Deta)^2*S
July 2, 2021 at 8:24 amSky0101SubscriberHi, DrAmine´╝üThanks for your reply.
What if I decompose the original inlet into several independent inlets, and define the number of vortices for the VM respectively? I don't know if the idea works well.
I tied to use spectral synthesizerearly, but this method returned higher local velocity beyond my expectations. Does Synthetic Turbulence Generator perform better than spectral synthesizer or VM?
For the first question, how to calculate the initial subgrid kinetic energy?
July 2, 2021 at 9:55 amDrAmineAnsys EmployeeIt will work but I recommend the STG Method. Do not use SS. STG is the recommended approach.
For the first question: I made already a comment.
Viewing 4 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
Ansys BlogTrending discussions
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Heat transfer coefficient
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
Top Rated Tags
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.