August 27, 2018 at 11:06 pmkojo_osafoSubscriber
I have been trying to simulate subcool pool boiling in Ansys 19 using the multiphase model. Heat flux is supplied and temperature is recorded. For the lower heat flux been supplied, results generated from the model diverges from the experimental data with a difference of about 10. Do I have to run the lower heatfluxes in multiphase or turn it off and use laminar?
August 28, 2018 at 10:29 amRobAnsys Employee
No, but you will need to go though the phase interactions and make sure all of the settings are correct. I assume you have a good near wall mesh too?
When you say the data differs by "about 10", is that an offset or factor? Which data?
As staff we can't answer all questions on an open forum, but with sufficient information we can offer advice/hints and the wider community can review files if that is required.
Moving to Fluid Dynamics
August 28, 2018 at 12:32 pmDrAmineAnsys Employee
You cannot use the RPI boiling model without activating turbulence modeling. Elaborate more on your question an we can try to comment your settings. You have however to know that the RPI boiling model is intended for convective boiling and not for pure pool boiling.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.