Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Fluent 2020 R1 will not see my university License via VPN

• Dalia
      Subscriber

Hi All

I have recently installed Ansys 2020 R1 , via my university , I was given the port number and the flexIm and the hostname IP. I have made sure VPN is on while installing and while changing the license information or running Ansys

The license shows as in figures below

however when I try to open Fluent with a large mesh file, it gives me a message that this is an academic license

I installed and reinstalled a number of times, disabled all the firewalls and antivirus software.

I am not sure where the problem is

can someone help please ?

thanks

Dalia

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee
      Hi Dalia,nAll of these are academic licenses. It's a matter of what kind of academic license you are using. nThe aa_r_me is ANSYS Academic Research MechanicalnThe aa_r_hpc is ANSYS Academic Research HPCnIf you want to use Fluent, you will need aa_r or aa_r_cfd licenses for Academic Research.nThanks,nWinn
    • Dalia
      Subscriber
      Hi WinnThank you for your reply.nI managed to install Ansys again in campus without VPN.nFluent will now open and load the mesh only if I open it outside workbench, however it won't launch or load the file if it opens from workbench.nI think the firewall might be blocking the access to license , what do you think I can try ?.ThanksnDalian
    • tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee
      Hi Dalia,nThis is not a licensing issue now.nPlease post the screenshot of the issue or where it's stuck.nFrom Workbench, does it launch the Fluent Launcher before you launch Fluent ?nThanks,nWinn
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.