Fluids

Fluids

Fluent and Maxwell Cosimulation

• LuisFig
      Subscriber

Hiii. I'm fairly new to Ansys and I have a question so I would very much appreciate if anybody could help me.

I'm making a simulation in Ansys 2020 R2 FLUENT where, using a MHD model, in the solution I obtain an electric field E between 2 conductive plates.

Now my goal is to measure the voltage in the two plates and in order to do that, I believe I have to make a cosimulation, so that I can pass the parameters that i got from Fluent, to other Ansys software as such the Maxwell or the Thermal-Electric.

I have been trying an i believe that the Ansys doesn't let me make this cosimulation between Fluent and Maxwell. When I try to make the cosimulation between Fluent and Thermal-Electric I'm not managing to Import the Load from the Fluent Solution to the Thermal-Electric.

Does somebody know how to do this cosimulation?

Thank you

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      It can be done and there is a tutorial somewhere on the Ansys Learning Hub. We don't have a solution we can share on here as it's a public forum.
    • LuisFig
      Subscriber
      Rob thank you for your comment but I think I need to pay a lot of money to access Ansys Learning Hub. Was there any way that you could send me that tutorial?

Thank you
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      I'm not permitted to share content on here. If you're at a University with our software ask your supervisor to get in touch: you may have access via a Campus agreement. I can't (and won't) check or discuss that on here, you need to use the "contact us" route on ansys.com
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.