Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Fluent axis BC

Tagged: 

• satri
      Subscriber

When I run dpm particles with axis BC the particles cross the axis BC and go to domain where geometry is not existent on fluent. How can this be fixed? 

• Nikhil Narale
      Ansys Employee

Hello,

This should not happen because for axis boundaries, the solver assumes 'reflect type' boundary condition by default. You may want to check this section of the user's guide: 20.4. Setting Boundary Conditions for the Discrete Phase (ansys.com)

If you are not able to access the link, please refer to this forum discussion: Using Help with links (ansys.com)

Check if correct DPM boundary conditions have been assigned to the wall boundaries. 

Thank you

Nikhil

• satri
      Subscriber

i agree it should not happen. In case such a thing occurs how would i fix it?

i have checked all my boundary condition it still occors. few particles just go out of the axis. Can you please tell me how to fix it.

• Nikhil Narale
      Ansys Employee

Are you running a 2D axis-symmetric case? 

• Nikhil Narale
      Ansys Employee

"particles cross the axis BC and go to domain where geometry is not existent on fluent."

Can you also share some screenshots?

• satri
      Subscriber

• satri
      Subscriber

You see the horizontal thing on the right is the axis why is the particle going out of the axis? what could possibly cause this

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.