Fluids

Fluids

Fluent batch mode

• pradeep632
      Subscriber
      Hello could anyone tell me what command to use in the journal file to export solution data in tecplot format in fluent . I am trying to run a transient case in batch mode using the journal file. I am trying to save my solution data every 100 time steps. I am running a total of 1 million time steps. I know the auto-save data frequency saves dat files but I need to export data in tecplot format. Any help with the journal file would be highly appreciated. Thank you. n
    • Karthik R
      Administrator
      Please type 'Tecplot' in the 'Quick Search' menu. You should see the TUI command for this. nThis is the TUI command: n/file/export/tecplotnI hope this helps.nThanks.nKarthikn
    • pradeep632
      Subscriber
      Thank you very much. However I only want to save velocity data in tecplot. With the command you mentioned, fluent includes other variables like pressure, density. Can I write a command to save only the velocity files. Thank you.n
    • Karthik R
      Administrator
      Please check which variables are selected under 'File -> Export -> Solution Data' . Change 'File Type' to 'Tecplot' and see what variables are selected.nAlso, is Velocity not being written (along with pressure, density, and others) at this point?nThanks.nKarthikn
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.