Tagged: ansys-fluent-on-clusters, batch-hpc, udf, udf-compiler-problem
March 10, 2023 at 1:07 pmAtul SinghSubscriber
When i dont have a udf in my example, resources online have indicated that fluent on the cluster (slurm based) can be done using the -mpi=intel -pinfiniband flags. (See for instance this link from university of south florida, which suggest parallel jobs require the above two flags,
Putting the image as well, incase you deny opening the link,
However, when I do have the udf in my input file towards a batch submission, this seemed to have thrown an error.
So I have two questions,
1) Does using parallel necessary require giving -mpi=intel -pinfiniband flags????
2) If yes, what other commands/things i could look into to compile and load a udf as well, to this. Currently, if I have a udf , I simply remove these two flags.
3) What recommendations can you give to compile the udf using the mpi and pib flags?
March 10, 2023 at 3:41 pmRobAnsys Employee
The command script required will depend on how the cluster is configured. On the Ansys cluster I launch Fluent at a queue and don't specify any parallel options other than the number of cores.
What suggestions have local IT made?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.