May 5, 2023 at 8:31 amKORAY2255Subscriber
I can use ablation model for dynamic mesh to simulate surface recession in only-fluid analysis. I wonder if it is possible to simulate ablation (with mesh derformation that simulates surface recession due to chemical analysis in the solid ablative material coupling wall) in a fully coupled CHT or loosely coupled CHT (Transient Thermal & Fluent) analysis? If yes, what is to be considered in setup?
May 5, 2023 at 4:27 pmRKAnsys Employee
You should be able to do, make sure you define the solid as deforming. Here is a tutorial to help you get started: Chapter 26: Modeling Ablation (ansys.com).
May 5, 2023 at 5:50 pmKORAY2255Subscriber
Thank you for your answer. I have viewed the tutorial and I had said before I can already run analysis in only-fluid region. But I get error when including solid.
May 18, 2023 at 4:17 pmRKAnsys Employee
May I know what is the error that you get?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.