Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Fluent Coupling with Rocky

• mehdi.salakhi
      Subscriber

Hello,

I have been trying to couple my Rocky setup with my Fluent case where Magnetohydrodynamics (MHD) model is on, but there is an error while reading the journal file of the Fluent. I have attached a screenshot of this. Rocky recognized the UDS and UDMs of Fleunt's case, but Fluent can't be run. I'd appreciate any bit of help here. I have added the MHD module using text commands in Fluent.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

I suspect the addon module for MHD is trying to overwrite or otherwise is in conflict with the Rocky links. Both use a mix of UDF, UDS and UDM to store & pass data so I wonder if there's a clash somewhere in the set up. How are you passing the MHD fields to Rocky to also alter the particle motion? 

• mehdi.salakhi
      Subscriber

Thank you, Rob, for your comment.

So, initially, I added the MHD module through the text command "Define/models/addon-module", and then saved my Fluent case. In Rocky, I loaded the Fluent case, and after that, everything is automated. I checked the Rocky setup, and it seems that it recognized the MHD field as attached below. However, I'm not using any MHD fields in particle motion. As a first step, I just wanted to check the coupling between Rocky and Fluent with MHD fields.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

That should work. I'm waiting to hear back from my counterparts in the Rocky team, that may not be until next week. Post a reminder in here Tuesday late afternoon if I've not posted by then. 

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

We think it’s a data passing issue, Rocky needs to do something that it can’t as Fluent’s addon modules behave slightly differently. We’ll investigate and try with 23R2 and beyond. 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.