Fluids

Fluids

Fluent crash / interpret UFD script

• sleontsi
      Subscriber

Hi all!

Allow me to describe my problem. I have a simple geometry (can be attached if requested). I open it with DesignModeler and make a group of all the components. I do this in order to avoid problems with overlap regions in meshing. After the meshing is complete, I open it in fluent, meshing is ok, assign the materials to solid (aluminum). If I assign a temperature, a heat flux and simulate it, it works.

Now I try to insert a basic UDF file, DEFINE_SOURCE and I use the basic file and I take the one from the manual. When I try to compile it I get the following. In the build stage: 

Copied C:UserssleontsiThermalStudiesThermalRunaway_fi lesdp0FFF-1Fluent/C:UserssleontsiThermalStudiesThermalRunaway_fi lesdp0FFF-1Fluentudfscript.c to C:UserssleontsiThermalStudiesThermalRunaway_fi lesdp0FFF-1Fluentlibudfsrc

udf_names.c and user_nt.udf files in 3ddp_host are upto date.

(system "copy "C:PROGRA~1ANSYSI~1v191fluent"fluent19.1.0sr cudfmakefile_nt.udf "C:UserssleontsiThermalStudiesThermalRunaway_f ilesdp0FFF-1Fluentlibudfwin643ddp_hostmakefile" ")

1 file(s) copied.

(chdir "C:UserssleontsiThermalStudiesThermalRunaway_f ilesdp0FFF-1Fluentlibudf")(chdir "win643ddp_host")udf_names.c and user_nt.udf files in 3ddp_node are upto date.

(system "copy "C:PROGRA~1ANSYSI~1v191fluent"fluent19.1.0sr cudfmakefile_nt.udf "C:UserssleontsiThermalStudiesThermalRunaway_f ilesdp0FFF-1Fluentlibudfwin643ddp_nodemakefile" ")

1 file(s) copied.

(chdir "C:UserssleontsiThermalStudiesThermalRunaway_f ilesdp0FFF-1Fluentlibudf")(chdir "win643ddp_node")

Done.

in the load part I get:

Opening library "C:UserssleontsiThermalStudiesThermalRunaway_f ilesdp0FFF-1Fluentlibudf"...

Library "C:UserssleontsiThermalStudiesThermalRunaway_f ilesdp0FFF-1Fluentlibudfwin643ddp_hostlibudf.dll" opened

Opening library "C:UserssleontsiThermalStudiesThermalRunaway_f ilesdp0FFF-1Fluentlibudf"...

Library "C:UserssleontsiThermalStudiesThermalRunaway_f ilesdp0FFF-1Fluentlibudfwin643ddp_nodelibudf.dll" opened

heat_flux

Done.

and the dialog box closes. The problem now is that the function is not visible in the drop-down menu.

If I interpret it though, I can see the function, but when I try to run it, it crashes with ""999999 mpt_accept error accept failed invalid argument".

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Best,

Stefanos

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Which drop down are you using? You need to open the Cell zone and then add a source to then attach the UDF source. 

• sleontsi
      Subscriber

hi! And thanks a lot for the prompt reply!

I'm referring to the drop-down menu on 'boundary conditions' > 'wall sensor' > 'Edit' > Thermal > box next to 'heat flux'.

I go now to 'Cell Zone Conditions' > 'part-sensor' > 'Edit', click on 'source terms' and go to the 'source terms' tab and add the energy source term ('udf heat_flux::libudf').

But when I return to the 'wall sensor', I still don't see it.

Did I do what you described? Or I missed something?

Thanks again!!

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

If it's a Source term it's for cell zones only. If you want a surface flux it's a different macro. 

• sleontsi
      Subscriber

Hi and thanks for the message!

I see what I was doing wrong.. So I can add it there then. And then fluent generates the heat load from the centre of each cell of the the part, right?

Thanks again for the help! Very useful!

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Source adds heat (mass, momentum etc) to the each cell for the whole cell zone (or geometry range if you're being clever). DEFINE_PROFILE is the equivalent for a surface boundary: except that sets the boundary value rather than adding to whatever is already there. 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.