Fluids

Fluids

Fluent crashes dynamic simulation

• Jmex
      Subscriber
      Hello folks
      I am using Ansys 19.2 student version. I am trying to simulate a problem having dynamic motion of a floating plate. I am getting good result but after sometime, it crashes and closes fluent without saving any data.
      I am using workbench.

I have AMD Ryzen 7 2700 processor, if it has to do with system.

I have worked for a company and had solved same problem in licensed version but with Inlet Xeon processor and worked flawless.

Does it has to do with licensed/student version or with the processor?
      I have tried with different geometries but crashes everynow and then with student version AMD processor.

Kindly help as I have to submit result to the university.

Thanks in advance
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Perhaps hitting mesh count limit or any other hardware netwirk related root. Hard to say why. Do emergency storage of Case and data regularly to figure out when and why this happens.
    • Jmex
      Subscriber
      Is there a way I can download older version of student version?
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee

https://forum.ansys.com/forums/topic/how-can-i-get-hold-of-a-prior-release-of-the-ansys-student-products/

Also check disc space. If the model works then fails later on it's unlikely to be chip related. One approach is to turn on the transcript option in Fluent (probably under Export when using Workbench) and see what that looks like. 

• Jmex
      Subscriber

thanks for the link. Can you elaborate on exporting transcript? i am not finding option for that.

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

In Fluent: GUI File>Write>Start Transcript. Do not forget to stop afterwards. In Fluent you have the "Quick search" function where you can just provide some keywords and it shows you the way to activate/enable/start...

• Jmex
      Subscriber
      Thanks again. I'll keep updating.
    • Jmex
      Subscriber

Please find attached transcript. I stopped the iteration in the middle and started again to record transcript.

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      The transcript is for you to debug. I do not download attachments.
    • Jmex
      Subscriber
      I don't see any error. It stops without giving any error. Is there a bug in fluent? Or incompatible with my desktop?
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      I don't think so. Try other machine or non student release.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.