Fluids

Fluids

Fluent does not recognize faces

• Jeroen
      Subscriber

Hello,

I am trying to generate a mesh for a cylindrical geometry. I have succesfully been able to generate this mesh which looks as follows:

The cross-section in the length direction looks like this:

As can be seen the mesh consists of 5 different parts which are all connected to each other.

However, when loading this mesh into Fluent I get several issues regarding the boundary conditions. In the BC list it shows a lot of walls which, when I click on display, do not show. Only the last item in the list is able to display, but it shows the entire mesh. This should not be the case since I need to define my inflow and outflow boundaries, which I am currently unable to do.

I have also tried separating this wall-fluid boundary by using a 90 degree angle. This however does not work since some faces are still connected to each other and cannot be separated.

I have also tried setting up the mesh in a slightly different way such that it consists of only 2 parts, though this does not seem to make any difference at all.

How can I fix this issue, such that I can define my inflow and outflow boundaries, as well as correctly set my walls.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

You didn't do share topology in SpaceClaim. Those walls are Fluent's way of dealing with non-overlapping nonconformal interfaces. Go back and fix the geometry and they should disappear. 

• Jeroen
      Subscriber

This indeed gets rid of the non-existing walls. However, it does not solve my main issue that fluent does not recognize the different faces of my geometry. How can this be solved?

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Creating named selections in mesher is an another step.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.