Fluids

Fluids

Fluent – Dynamic Mesh – One Way Fsi

• shehab Gamrah
      Subscriber
      I have a problem regarding a one way fsi. I can compile udf for dynamic meshing via the fluent standalone launcher and not through workbench, however I would like to do one way fsi of my fluent results but every one way fsi tutorial requires workbench. so is there a way I can do one way fsi for a dynamic mesh case where fluent is launched from the stand alone launcher.n
    • Stephen Orlando
      Ansys Employee
      Hi,nCompiling a UDF is possible with Fluent in Workbench, so resolving that issue would be the best course of action so you can use the 1-way transfer functionality in Workbench. If you post some details in another discussion about the UDF, someone will be able to help you out.nSteven
    • shehab Gamrah
      Subscriber
      My problem is I run my simulations on a winion (linux) cluster which doesn't have design modeller installed hence I can use fluent to run simulations only. so is there a way to do one way fsi without using workbenchn
    • Stephen Orlando
      Ansys Employee
      Thanks for the clarification. It would be better if you used SpaceClaim instead of DesignModeler anyway. Do you have access to SpaceClaim?nIf not, you can export ASCII data on the FSI surfaces in Fluent, then use an External Data component in Workbench to load the files. The External Data component can connect to Transient Structural, Static Structural.n
    • shehab Gamrah
      Subscriber
      Thanks alot yes I don't have space claim. So now my transient dynamic mesh simulation has completed, how can I export it to ansys mechanical throguh ascii data. Like where should I click in fluentn
    • Stephen Orlando
      Ansys Employee
      You'll need to export the ASCII data during the run as a Calculation Activity. It's not possible to get ASCII data after the run.n
    • shehab Gamrah
      Subscriber
      Thanks also attached is the error I get when loading udf from fluent in workbench. Would you be able to help me solve itnn
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.