Fluids

Fluids

fluent errors

• mohamed elbanhawy
      Subscriber

Hello everyone,

I am having a problem to save and, consequently, to run simulations in Ansys 19.

I always get this error and i do not know if the error in "gzip files or in the extension of the file as it shown in the picture 

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Looking at the path, can you check there are no command characters (? # : etc   using - _ is OK) and that there is enough space to write the files? 

• mohamed elbanhawy
      Subscriber

Hello ,

thanks for replying 

That is the path of this file C:UsersTheEngneerAppDataLocalTempflntgz-113122 ... and i’am trying to find this name "flntgz-113122 " and i can not find anything in the 'Temp" folder , i don’t know the reason for this error and i have enough space on my computer 

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

If you're working in Workbench please save the project and then try again. 

• mohamed elbanhawy
      Subscriber

Actually i do this but the problem still the same .... should i change the path for temporary files or what ? >>> 

• mohamed elbanhawy
      Subscriber

This problem is spread among many users and is not solved because it prevents me from saving projects and opening the solver 

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

If you can't write it's commonly because you don't have access to that section of the drive: so try another drive/folder that you do definitely have access too. It's also not recommended to use external USB drives to save projects as data packet loss can occur: copying to USB afterwards is fine. 

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Hi, 

Fluent uses temp folder for zipping files. So if you dont have permissions to write in temp folder then you will get error. Also if you dont have sufficient disk space to write in temp, then also you get error. So please make sure that you have write permissions and sufficient disk space. 

Please try not zipping the file. Also you can change temp location using Tools --> Options. 

You can usually go to temp location using %temp% in windows run command. 

Hope this helps. 

Regards,

Keyur

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.