August 21, 2018 at 8:21 amMarius13868Subscriber
I have had issues with ansys fluent in version 19.1. Fluent fails to open when connected to the internet on my university campus but when using other internet connections I have no issues with fluent failing to open. What could the reason for that be?
August 21, 2018 at 8:26 amRobAnsys Employee
Is there an error message? Do you use hard wire or wireless for connections?
August 21, 2018 at 8:28 amMarius13868Subscriber
The error message is simply that fluent failed to start. I discovered the solution accidentally rather than as a result of an error message.
I use a wireless connection in both cases.
August 21, 2018 at 10:24 amRobAnsys Employee
Do other ANSYS tools open when on the University network? Ie meshing, mechanical etc? It's possible the licence manager is getting confused with your campus system (and ANSYS licence) depending on how it's set. As it works OK off their network at least you can use the tools.
August 21, 2018 at 7:10 pmtsiriaksAnsys Employee
Hi Marius13868 ,
Also, see if you can ping your computer hostname and 'localhost' when connecting to your campus network. If you can't , please ask your university IT to resolve this IP resolution issue.
August 21, 2018 at 7:14 pmMarius13868Subscriber
All other ANSYS tools work without incident.
I'll give the ping the hostname a try
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Limitations to Student License?
- Missing Analysis Systems from toolbox
- Not seeing any items in the ANSYS Workbench toolbox?
- “An error occurred while starting the solver module.” – Maybe licence problem?
- ANSYS License Manager Error
- FLUENT application Failed to start
- Please recommend the configuration of the computer workstation
- No license available at this time
- I am using MacBook Pro with M1chip, how can I install or any other ways to use Ansys ?
- Problem with ANSYS 18.2 SpaceClaim
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.