Ansys Free Student Software

Ansys Free Student Software

Fluent Failing to start if double percision is enabled

Tagged: 

• AidanPowers
      Subscriber
    • ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee
      Can you share the text of these files?nC:\Program Files\Ansys Inc\install.lognC:\Program Files\Ansys Inc\install.errnCan you try renaming the directory C:\Users\USERNAME\.fluent to .fluent.old?n
    • AidanPowers
      Subscriber
      I cannot find the C:\Users\USERNAME\.fluent so that may be a problem.nErr:nn>>>--------------------------------------->nANSYS installation: Sun Apr 26 21:23:34 2020nRevision: 2020 R1nn  ###### Error #######n  Error extracting E:\fluent3ddp\WINX64.7z:n  'C:\Users\astuf\AppData\Local\Temp\ans_install_tmp13228\7zip\7z.exe x -aoa -bb1 E:\fluent3ddp\WINX64.7z -oC:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\v201' terminated after 1 attempts with the following error(s): n    Unknown errorn  Exit Code: 2n  ###### Error #######n  Error extracting E:\common\WINX64.7z:n  'C:\Users\astuf\AppData\Local\Temp\ans_install_tmp13228\7zip\7z.exe x -aoa -bb1 E:\common\WINX64.7z -oC:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\v201' terminated after 1 attempts with the following error(s): n    Unknown errorn  Exit Code: 2n  ###### Error #######n  Error extracting E:\addprintgeometry\WINX64.7z:n  'C:\Users\astuf\AppData\Local\Temp\ans_install_tmp13228\7zip\7z.exe x -aoa -bb1 E:\addprintgeometry\WINX64.7z -oC:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\v201' terminated after 1 attempts with the following error(s): n    Unknown errorn  Exit Code: 2n  ###### Error #######n  Error extracting F:\afd\WINX64.7z:n  'C:\Users\astuf\AppData\Local\Temp\ans_install_tmp13228\7zip\7z.exe x -aoa -bb1 F:\afd\WINX64.7z -oC:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\v201' terminated after 1 attempts with the following error(s): n    Unknown errorn  Exit Code: 2n>>>--------------------------------------->nLog:nArrayIt is too long to fitn
    • AidanPowers
      Subscriber
      After checking with the other members of my organization it seems that this error is happening to everyone, not just me.n
    • ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee
      Please download a new copy of the ANSYS Installation media. Uninstall the currently installed copy and then try reinstalling. Prior to installation ensure that any antivirus is disabled and be sure to use right-click -> run as administrator to launch the setup.exe. Please also ensure you are running the setup.exe from the extracted files and not within the zip file itself. If using the ISO files, please try extracting with 7zip and install from the extracted files.nnThank you,nMattn
    • AidanPowers
      Subscriber
      Problem persists after reinstalling the iso even after extracting with 7-zip, Is it possible I have a bad iso?.ew Install.err:n>>>--------------------------------------->nANSYS installation: Tue Oct 27 11:47:42 2020nRevision: 2020 R1nn  ###### Error #######n  Error extracting C:\Users\astuf\Downloads\ANSYS2020R1_WINX64_Disk2\fluent3ddp\WINX64.7z:n  'C:\Users\astuf\AppData\Local\Temp\ans_install_tmp21856\7zip\7z.exe x -aoa -bb1 C:\Users\astuf\Downloads\ANSYS2020R1_WINX64_Disk2\fluent3ddp\WINX64.7z -oC:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\v201' terminated after 1 attempts with the following error(s): n    Unknown errorn  Exit Code: 2n  ###### Error #######n  Error extracting C:\Users\astuf\Downloads\ANSYS2020R1_WINX64_Disk2\ensight\WINX64.7z:n  'C:\Users\astuf\AppData\Local\Temp\ans_install_tmp21856\7zip\7z.exe x -aoa -bb1 C:\Users\astuf\Downloads\ANSYS2020R1_WINX64_Disk2\ensight\WINX64.7z -oC:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\v201' terminated after 1 attempts with the following error(s): n    Unknown errorn  Exit Code: 2n  ###### Error #######n  Error extracting C:\Users\astuf\Downloads\ANSYS2020R1_WINX64_Disk2\common\WINX64.7z:n  'C:\Users\astuf\AppData\Local\Temp\ans_install_tmp21856\7zip\7z.exe x -aoa -bb1 C:\Users\astuf\Downloads\ANSYS2020R1_WINX64_Disk2\common\WINX64.7z -oC:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\v201' terminated after 1 attempts with the following error(s): n    Unknown errorn  Exit Code: 2n  ###### Error #######n  Error extracting C:\Users\astuf\Downloads\ANSYS2020R1_WINX64_Disk2\addprintgeometry\WINX64.7z:n  'C:\Users\astuf\AppData\Local\Temp\ans_install_tmp21856\7zip\7z.exe x -aoa -bb1 C:\Users\astuf\Downloads\ANSYS2020R1_WINX64_Disk2\addprintgeometry\WINX64.7z -oC:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\v201' terminated after 1 attempts with the following error(s): n    Unknown errorn  Exit Code: 2n  ###### Error #######n  Error extracting C:\Users\astuf\Downloads\ANSYS2020R1_WINX64_Disk3(1)\afd\WINX64.7z:n  'C:\Users\astuf\AppData\Local\Temp\ans_install_tmp21856\7zip\7z.exe x -aoa -bb1 C:\Users\astuf\Downloads\ANSYS2020R1_WINX64_Disk3(1)\afd\WINX64.7z -oC:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\v201' terminated after 1 attempts with the following error(s): n    Unknown errorn  Exit Code: 2n>>>--------------------------------------->nn
    • ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee
      This could be a bad download. I recommended downloading a new copy previously. If only installing Fluent you could download just the FLUIDS package and install from that.nnThanksnMattn
    • AidanPowers
      Subscriber
      After receiving a new ISO set from IT I can confirm that this was an issue with a bad download. Completely uninstalling and reinstalling appear to have fixed the issue. nMatt, thanks for helping me through this issue!n
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.