Fluids

Fluids

Fluent floating point exception when running Cavitation model

• fuad87
      Subscriber

Hello,

I am trying to simulate bubble formation in fluent. But my simulation fails with floating point exception error.

I am using Eulerian multiphase scheme with cavitation mass transfer model turned on.

I have a very high quality quad mesh.

What could be the possible reason for the floating point exception error? My fluent case file is attached.

I greatly appreciate any help.

Thank you very much,

Fuad Hasan

• Raef.Kobeissi
      Subscriber

I can't read the file in Fluent. Can you please upload the Workbench case. Which version are you using? is it 2D or 3D?

• fuad87
      Subscriber

ANSYS 17.2

2D Domain

Detail:

A bottle of dimension 10x38 mm is accelerating sinusoidally which is containing water. Due to this acceleration water will experience reduction in pressure and cavitate. (check the experimental work with videos: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1742706117307146) I am trying to mimic this work in fluent. 

I have included a profile file that has the data for the velocity of the domain which I fed as "frame motion" in "cell zone condition". "top", "bottom" and "right" wall are defined as moving wall with relative velocity 0 m/s w.r. to cell zone. left wall was defined as "outflow". Using this I did the single phase simulation and got good pressure profile as expected. Now I need to do multiphase analysis where caqvitation model should be included so that we can see bubble growing (check the above link for vdo).

When the simulation reaches about 280 steps (0.28 msec flow time) the pressure near right wall decreases to vapor pressure and immediately diverge. This is the critical time when we suppose to see bubble growing. Please help. Thanks in advance. 

• fuad87
      Subscriber

files uploaded to google drive

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1z6MtruUlbbhez59NnWjARRbT-ggTNXBR?usp=sharing

• fuad87
      Subscriber

Hello Mr. Raef,

did you check my problem?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.