August 3, 2022 at 5:50 pmvedamaSubscriber
I'm following up on a question I'd asked on my feed by mistake instead of here (https://community.ansys.com/?status%2F38737-38737-1658803739%2F#comment.3087.126871.126871) that Keyur Kanade responded with "Fluent will not capture geometry curvature as it does not have geometry curvature information. It works on existing mesh."
The manual seems to suggest otherwise when you look up the geometry adaption Theory Guide (screenshots below). I'm trying to understand how what I'm doing is different from what I've been reading. I have a background fine mesh. Nodes are supposed to be projected to get towards the background mesh, as suggested. What am I missing? How do I ensure curvature information is passed on to Fluent?
August 4, 2022 at 3:33 amKeyur KanadeAnsys Employee
As mentioned before, Fluent will not capture geometry curvature as it does not have geometry curvature information. It works on existing mesh. The image in documentation is representative. We will inform documentation team about this.
August 4, 2022 at 3:48 amvedamaSubscriber
So the information in the documentation is incorrect? This particular part of the documentation has been up since Fluent version 2019...
There is nothing I can do to accurately depict the curvature of the geometry through the adaption mechanism?
August 4, 2022 at 4:33 amKeyur KanadeAnsys Employee
August 4, 2022 at 5:20 amvedamaSubscriber
So if I have a fluent solution marked with certain cells for adaption, how do I import that to meshing to perform adaption with ANSYS meshing?
August 4, 2022 at 5:24 am
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Heat transfer coefficient
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Floating point exception
- How to model free convection warming of liquid in a plastic bag
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2