Fluids

Fluids

Fluent interpolation and material properties

• danielc358
      Subscriber

Hi good afternoon!!!

I have two doubts, one of them is how I put interpolation values in the Inlet and outlet in Fluent, and the other doubt is if it is necessary to put other characteristics besides the density for solid materials in the Fluent and if it is necessary to put the other characteristics of the material, How do I do this?

Regards,

Daniel

• raul.raghav
      Subscriber

If you want to interpolate the results of one case to another, you can use File --> Interpolate. See attached youtube video to see how it is done:

Transfer Data from One Fluent Case to Another Using Interpolation Files

If you want to import the information at the boundary of one case to another, you can use File --> Write --> Profile and File --> Read --> Profile. See attached youtube video to see how that is done.

Use Profile Files to Transfer Boundary Data

If you're dealing with just a fluid flow simulation, you just need a solid material defined and the properties of the defined solid doesn't matter. If you're dealing with heat transfer or FSI studies, relevant properties of the solid needs to defined. You can edit the material properties under Setup --> Materials --> Solid --> Create/Edit.

• danielc358
      Subscriber

Hi good afternoon!!!!

How do I convert the excel file to * .ip?

Regards,

Daniel

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

You need to take care about the interpolation file format and how it is constructed so that you can translate an Excel file to *.ip. Sometimes it is a better idea to start from the Interpolation file written out by Fluent for the particular case one wants to adjust.

However I can tell you that it would be difficult. 

Why do you want to convert an Excel file to IP file? Do have experimental data for the whole domain (at every single point)?

• danielc358
      Subscriber

I was needing to load expremental data in the inlet and the outlet, but I'm having trouble creating the * .ip interpolation file, is there any tutorial that teaches you to do the interpolation with the creation of the * .ip file in the inlet and outlet?

Regards,

Daniel

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

As far as I know, there is not such a tutorial to do that for the *.ip file. But you wrote you need the profile for inlet / outlet so you don`t require an interpolation file (which is meant for the whole cell zone). Fluent accepts *.prof and *.csv file which might be used as profile at your boundaries. 

• danielc358
      Subscriber

How can I use a * .csv file in the inlet and outlet, is there any tutorial that teaches me how to load these files?

Regards,

Daniel

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Hi,

Here a video. 

• danielc358
      Subscriber

Hi good afternoon!!!!

I'm trying to load the boundary conditions however the inlet conditions and outlet appear as inlet-contact_region-contact_region_2-src and I can not edit to load a flow rate file, is there a tutorial that teaches how to modify inlet-contact_region-contact_region_2-src so you can edit and upload the file?

Regards,

Daniel

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.