Fluids

Fluids

Fluent Magnetic Model

• Bibek Poudel
      Subscriber

Hello Everyone,

My simulation condition is that there is a premixed slurry of Iron particles, silicon oil and cBN which is already attached to a permanent magnet. I need to put some rotational motion to that magnet and what I want is to track the iron and cBN particles. I am actually using DPM model but can we track those particles only using Multiphase model?? And how can you define the premixed slurry like this? I mean what my approach was, is to do in 2 timesteps, in the first one I will just rotate the cylindrical frame and inject all the particles from the top and keep rotating it until they are homogeneous,and then in the 2nd step I give the magnetic boundary condition. But that is too time consuming. So , I just want to take the premixed homogeneous mixture slurry so that I can skip 1st step. 

Thank you for your time in advance!! 

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

I think you can use file injection. The format is 

((x y z u v w diameter temperature mass-flow)name)

Examples: ((0.0 0.0 0.0 1.0 0.0 0.0 1.0e-4 300.0 1.0e-5)inje-1) ((0.0 0.0 0.0 1.0 0.0 0.0 1.0e-4 300.0 1.0e-5)inje-2)

You can save it in *.inj format and then read in Fluent using 'File' option in injection panel. 

Regards,

Keyur

• Bibek Poudel
      Subscriber

Hi, 

Thank you for your reply. But I don't quite understand what you mean right here. So, is this the format for pre-mixing the mixture into the model? And what does u v and w represent? Are those the boundary upto which I want to define the mixture?? 

Bibek

• seeta gunti
      Ansys Employee

Hi,

When you say you are using DPM model, what kind of injection are you using? Keyur suggested to use file injection which is one kind of injection types like surface, point, cone injections etc. 

((x y z u v w diameter temperature mass-flow)name) is format for the file injection. u, v , w are velocities of the particles.

For more information, you can go through our user guide on injections.

Regards,

Seeta

• Bibek Poudel
      Subscriber

Hi Seeta, 

I am using surface injection right now and I am injecting through whole inlet surface. Okay, I will try file injection now. 

Thank you for your help.
      Bibek

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.