Fluids

Fluids

Fluent meshing for sliding mesh

• nabutolk
      Subscriber
      I am trying to create a mesh for a geometry with a rotating cell zone through Fluent Meshing. I normally use the Outline View to create my meshes in Fluent. However, I am having a hard time meshing the cell zones separately. Is it possible to use poly-hexcore for a sliding mesh? And if I just use polyhedral, am I still able to specify the mesh interface within Fluent Meshing?n
    • Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      Yes you can use poly hexcore. nYou can also use poly. nBoth will give option of interface in Fluent. nIf you have already meshed the zones, please use following steps in Fluent. nRead mesh. nDelete cell zone A and write case file B.casnRead mesh. nDelete cell zone B. Append B.cas. nWrite AB.cas.ow you can define interface. nRegards,nKeyurnGuidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning ForumnHow to access ANSYS help linksnn
    • nabutolk
      Subscriber
      If I am understanding you correctly, does that mean I need a separate mesh file for each zone? Can I mesh multiple zones in Fluent Meshing? So far, every time I try to import CAD from SpaceClaim if I use share topology it combines the zones, and if I use no merge I can only mesh one zone at a time.n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      You should get both zones if the internal face is retained. You'd then need to slit the surface in Fluent. Keyur's approach is simpler, you create two meshes (moving bit and stationary bit) and then combine in Fluent. n
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.