April 12, 2022 at 1:38 pmhelen.durandSubscriber
We had a working mesh for a geometry and wanted to do mesh independence tests. We removed the mesh using "Clear Generated Data," but then when try to generate a new mesh with a larger element size, an error message is displayed stating: "A software execution error occurred inside the mesher. The process suffered an unhandled exception or ran out of usable memory."
The size of the file while it is saved is much smaller than the available space on the drive. What could be causing this error? Are there are lot of temporary files generated that are then deleted that are taking up space in a way that we cannot see and causing this error, or are there other issues creating the revised mesh?
Research Group DiscoveryApril 13, 2022 at 6:47 amKeyur KanadeAnsys EmployeePlease check sizes again. When you say larger element size means how much larger?" target="blank">
Please consider geometry features while defining sizes.
Please check following videos
Ansys Meshing Sizing:
How to access Ansys Online Help Document
Guidelines on the Student Community
Viewing 1 reply thread
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Heat transfer coefficient
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Floating point exception
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- How to model free convection warming of liquid in a plastic bag