Tagged: ansys-fluent, cfd, discovery, fsi-simulation
July 5, 2022 at 9:52 amesagerSubscriber
I am attemptng to simulate tsunami-resistant structures and have just started learning the student Ansys products and therefore, I am trying to narrow down which products to spend my time learning.
I was wondering, which products would I use to create such a simulation?
July 5, 2022 at 10:17 amRobAnsys Employee
Do you want to see how much deformation the structure suffers, or just monitor the forces and then figure out if it'll still be there afterwards?
Given you'll need VOF I suspect you'll want Fluent.
July 6, 2022 at 10:39 pmesagerSubscriber
I would really love to see the deformation of the structures and potentially also have bouyant items crashing into the structures.
However, I would be satisfied with monitoring the forces.
Thank you for your reply.
July 7, 2022 at 4:08 pmRobAnsys Employee
Fluent linked to Mechanical. But if you want to see the effects of bits hitting the buildings too you may need Dyna: not sure that's in the Student Bundle.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Limitations to Student License?
- Not seeing any items in the ANSYS Workbench toolbox?
- Missing Analysis Systems from toolbox
- “An error occurred while starting the solver module.” – Maybe licence problem?
- Please recommend the configuration of the computer workstation
- FLUENT application Failed to start
- ANSYS License Manager Error
- No license available at this time
- I am using MacBook Pro with M1chip, how can I install or any other ways to use Ansys ?
- Problem with ANSYS 18.2 SpaceClaim
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.