Fluids

Fluids

Fluent Remote Solve Manager

• Maurice_ND
      Subscriber

I have Remote Solve Manager running on a spare PC in my home network.  I can use the RSM configuration tool to see the remote computer and submit test jobs.  From Workbench I submit jobs, and can see them start on the remote PC, but they never progress past one or two seconds processing as the following shows up in the progress window:

Waiting for background task for the Solution component in Fluid Flow (Fluent)

Any hints as to the cause of the this? 

Thanks

• Maurice_ND
      Subscriber

I managed to solve this, by updating Windows 7 on the Remote Computer, the "Compute Server".  From Workbench I open the Solution, and adjust the inputs to the point of initialization, then back to Workbench to submit to RSM.  Some hours later, the job is complete and data is now back on my laptop in a folder with the extension _pending.  

Now what?  I am used to being inside Fluent and having results, (contours etc.) updated, then presented at the end of a run.  Can't seem to figure out how to load this _pending folder.  The Results tab in workbench shows message Application failed to connect when I try to view the data results.  

thanks

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.