August 19, 2019 at 7:53 amCatiaV5Subscriber
When loading in my .cas file into Fluent (Mesh 16mill elements, PC has 4 cores) it opens up fine and I’m also able to initialise my run. When then calculating the solution the pop up window comes "calculating the solution..>" however in Fluent the convergence graph does not appear nor do I see in the TUI anything indicating the run is actually running. Is there any way for me finding out if it is running and what can be the reason if it is not?
August 19, 2019 at 9:37 amDrAmineAnsys Employee
1/Are you using a new version of Fluent? It might be that it is shown some summary window with some information. You might need to close that window.
2/Check under residuals if "plot residual" is enabled too.
August 20, 2019 at 10:16 amRobAnsys Employee
How much RAM have you got?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.