Fluids

Fluids

fluent setup:error occure

• veera
      Subscriber

Dear sir

i am simulating the In-cylinder (ic engine simulation) , with dynamic mesh (hybrid mesh), with DPM (diesel liquid), and species (diesel-air)

i am using k-e rng -eddy dissipation with volumetric.

initial conditions: chamber pressure 70bar and 713k 

DPM injection from the surface with 183 m/s  for the crank angle of 337-350 - in boundary condition i kept that surface as the wall with escape 

i am facing following errors

1. invalid cp (1.000000+00) for species (ex:nitrogen, diesel-air) zero (k)nan

2.turbulent viscosity limited to viscosity ratio of 1.000000e+5 for cell xxx (near half the total cell)

3.divergence detected in AMG solver: temperature

4. Temperature limited to 1.0000e+5in xxx cellson zone domain xx

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Try with constant material properties for cp, k etc and see how it behaves. Have you got the mesh working yet?

• veera
      Subscriber

no sir, it's not happening, in layer sets, I tried the height with split factor1 also, but it's not happening.

pls try to give answers for above all the questions

questions 2, 3, 4

• veera
      Subscriber

hi sir, i run with a constant value, see initially i am started the problem with invalid cp in n2 , if i modify range in material parameters , after few itteration its showes invalid cp in diesel-air mixture

n2

h20

co2

o2

this are my mixtures

suppose, i switch off  species and DPM model, the dynamic mesh is working properly with solution converged

pls help me to resolve this problem

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

4 will cause 1 and which likely triggers 3.  2 may be related to 4 but may also be boundary condition or settings related. 

If the mesh runs OK try it with single phase, does it work, and is the mesh skew good enough? 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.