Fluids

Fluids

Fluent stopping calculation with an unfamiliar error

Tagged: ,

• MixtureCFD
      Subscriber

I am having issues with Fluent. Originally, it would randomly close during a simulation, without spitting out any error codes or leaving any trace in the logs that anything went wrong. The calculation up to the point of quitting would be missing. 
      Since then, Fluent has started to play ball but I have not managed to complete a single job without running into issues. Below is an error I received 32% of the way through a 2D, transient, sliding mesh simulation.
      I cannot find any information about this error online so I have no idea really where to begin with fixing it. I should also mention that I could not continue the job after this error.

EDIT: I also want to add that I monitored my computer when the random closes happened and saw no spike in usage of CPU, RAM, Disk or GPU.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Error: < (less-than): invalid argument [1]: wrong type [not a number]
      Error Object: (((x k) (monitor-surface #[compound-procedure] #f #[compound-procedure] #f #f #f) 3))

Error: = (equal): invalid argument [1]: wrong type [not a number]
      Error Object: ((x k) (#f #[compound-procedure] #f #f #f) 0)

Error: - (subtract): invalid argument [1]: wrong type [not a number]
      Writing "| gzip -2cf > SolutionMonitor.gz"...
      Writing temporary file C:\Users\*******\AppData\Local\Temp\flntgz-106163 ...
      Done.

Error: = (equal): invalid argument [1]: wrong type [not a number]

Error: - (subtract): invalid argument [1]: wrong type [not a number]

Feature camera-normal is not known

Feature embedded_windows is not known
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated and if I can provide further details to narrow down the issue please let me know. 
      Thanks in advance!

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

I've not seen that one before. What are you doing? Do you have any image generation (animations or execute commands) active? 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.