June 8, 2023 at 4:41 pmPeter Kelly-ZionSubscriber
When I open Fluent, the Fluent Launcher window opens but when I select the Meshing option, the window disappears and nothing launches. (Fluent does open when I select the Solution option.) I would appreciate assistance in solving this problem. Thanks in advance.
June 12, 2023 at 2:08 pmRajeshwari JadhavAnsys Employee
Can you please try the following steps:
Can you click on reset and then try to launch the application?
- Check if you have an updated graphics card if not then update it from NVIDIA’s website, here is the documented list of tested and thereby supported graphics drivers for Ansys applications: Graphics Card Tested.
- Can you clear the cache (type %appdata% in the address bar) and rename the Ansys folder to Ansys.old, rename .cfx and fluent.conf folder(C:/Users/username) and relaunch the application.
- Check and make sure the working directory is somewhere short and local.
- Can you check if there is any Security software/ Antivirus blocking the Ansys application?
June 12, 2023 at 6:37 pmPeter Kelly-ZionSubscriber
Thanks so much! Clicking Reset seems to have solved the problem.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Not seeing any items in the ANSYS Workbench toolbox?
- Missing Analysis Systems from toolbox
- “An error occurred while starting the solver module.” – Maybe licence problem?
- Please recommend the configuration of the computer workstation
- FLUENT application Failed to start
- No license available at this time
- ANSYS License Manager Error
- I am using MacBook Pro with M1chip, how can I install or any other ways to use Ansys ?
- Your product license has numerical problem size limits…..
- Acoustics model in Ansys 18.1
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.