November 25, 2022 at 12:22 pmeric.heulhard-de-montignySubscriber
I am using the fluid116 element in thermal analysis to build convection between fluid and solid and I would like to obtain a table in a text file which contains the id of the node and the list of the suf151 elements in which this node is connected through the convection.
I tried to look at the output of these but the surf 151 doesn't have any attribut linked with the fluid 116 and the fluid 116 doesn't have any output liinked to the suf151. So I didn't succeded to write an APDL command that does this.
I also tried to use Mechanical scipting with the following commands:
Convection = ExtAPI.DataModel.Tree.FirstActiveObject
FluidSelection = Convection.FluidFlowSelection
El = FluidSelection.ElementFaceIndices
But El does not contains anything.
I also tried
Ent = FluidSelection.Entities
Ent is then a GeoVertexWrapper but I don't know what to do with it then.
Do you know how I can succed to write this table (before having the result) appart from reading the dat file which contains this information ?
November 25, 2022 at 2:16 pmErik KostsonAnsys Employee
Perhaps try to open up a support request if you are using a supported a commercial licence which might be the case here.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.