Fluids

Fluids

Fluid Flow Direction

• rumth
      Subscriber

Hi,

I have set 558 m/s velocity at inlet which is 30 degree rotated with vertical line. Because fluid will flow to the normal of boundary. My expected fluid flow direction is indicated by red line. Also, you can see the flow direction I am getting now. How can solve the problem?

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Please add more details about the deployed boundaries (not only inlet) and post a screenshot of the mesh in the inlet region.
    • Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Is this solution converged?

I assume you are using velocity inlet and pressure outlet.

Once flow is converged, the contours look correct. The flow will not in the direction as you showed it in red line. The flow is driven by pressure difference and as solution progresses, it will aligned to x direction as we have planar pressure outlet on right hand side. 

• rumth
      Subscriber

Hi all,

Here is my full domain.

Inlet meshing

• rumth
      Subscriber

Hi,

My solution is converged.

My outlet is not in right hand side direction. Please see the image.

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Mesh resolution is poor. Please add some more information about velocity vectors and the location of the outlet. Please tell us whether you have reversal flow or not. 

• rumth
      Subscriber

Hi,

My outlet is at left hand side (you can easily find from the above image). Yes, I have back flow.

As I have run the simulation for small time, there is no remarkable velocity vector. Only velocity vector gives flow direction we can see from the image.

I used the same operating conditions in a rectangular geometry where I got the expected fluid flow pattern. But in this geometry, I am not getting.

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

The flow will be-oriented due to pressure gradients. you can check the pressure contours to identify zones of large / small pressures. You have now another flow configuration so no need to compare apples with oranges but enhance your mesh resolution, assess for good initialization and run till the whole flow develop itself. 

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.