Fluids

Fluids

Fluid node measurement settings

• JASOMCHANG
      Subscriber

Hello everyone I want to inspect the pressure variation of some nodes on the surface  or some element surface  But I don’t know how to set it in post-processing, how do I set it? Thank you?

• Surya Deb
      Ansys Employee
      Hello, nYour question is not very clear. Do you want to monitor the pressure with time over a certain region of the surface shown? Is this CFD Post?nConsidering this to be transient solution, you will need to have and import the intermediate transient data files to CFD Post.nThen you can define an User Surface and use expressions to calculate the area average pressure on that user surface.nThen you can create a new variable using that expression.nFinally, you can plot XY time series chart with time on the X axis and the variable on the Y axis.nRegards,nSuryan
    • JASOMCHANG
      Subscriber
       Hello Surya, yes I want to monitor the pressure with time over a certain region of the surface shown, also I am using CFD post.nYour answer is very helpful, but I have a problem creating the user surface , as I don't know what conditions use to get the area average pressure. How do I set the domains and method ? How do I delimit my area?nthank younn
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      If you use iso-clip to restrict the monitor surface or another of the tools under Location that's the surface definition resolved. You then want an expression on that surface for area weighted average of pressure. n
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.