Fluids

Fluids

Fluid not flowing through rotating domain

• arri
      Subscriber

Hello all! I am quite new to simulations and I have followed this

" rel="nofollow">tutorial in simulating a spiral turbine. The only thing that I changed is instead of inputting two outlets for the boundary conditions, I changed one to an inlet. However, the result that I got is very different from the one in the tutorial. As shown below, the fluid does not seem to pass through the rotating domain and it seems that it treats the contact region as walls instead of interfaces.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      The fact you have an interface and wall-13 & wall-14 suggests that some of the problems has been set up correctly. What I am wondering is why you only have one fluid zone. My guess is that you've labelled the stationary zone as rotating and the rotating zone is a solid.
    • arri
      Subscriber
      Thank you, sir. I have already changed both zones to fluid but I'm still getting the same results. What do you suggest I should do? I have attached the contour plot for your reference

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      How is the interface defined? Please post a screen shot of the interface panel & settings. Wall-13 & wall-14 shouldn't exist in the domain, they're there to catch situations where the interface isn't in contact.
    • arri
      Subscriber
      here is the screenshot

• arri
      Subscriber
      Hello again I have performed a case check and it says "Review wall motion. Stationary wall motion relative to adjacent cell zone detected." Is this the reason why a wall seems to be forming in the contact regions?
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      If you set the centre zone to rotate you also need to set the rotor wall to rotate at zero relative velocity.
      Please can you check the cell zones? If you have an interface you really ought to have two fluids.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.