Fluids

Fluids

Fluid Sim of a compressor (Ansys Fluent)

• Biharae
      Subscriber

I have been trying to do a CFD sim on a Compressor(Axial inlet). I can only find tutorials for linear pipes with a impeller or pipe but not for a pipe which has some kind of bend or outlet is on a different axis than the inlet. I want a help for the procedure (step by step will be very helpful) of what all steps to be taken right from designing, meshing and how to specify my fluid domain.

• Karthik R
      Administrator
      Hello,nI don't know if we have anything readily available for the exact problem you are modeling. Having said that, you will need to use MRF (Frame Motion) or Sliding mesh (mesh motion). There are several tutorials on YouTube related to centrifugal pumps and fans which might give you a good starting point. I don't think it matters whether you are simulating an axial or a centrifugal configuration. The model set-up is pretty much the same, as long as you define the appropriate inlet and outlet boundary conditions. nWe also have an axial fan simulation in one of our AIC Fluids Learning Track. It might be useful to learn and might help you set-up the problem.nKarthikn
    • Biharae
      Subscriber
      Thankyou.. I'll look into the coursen
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.