October 17, 2022 at 12:16 pmmohammedlaminemekhalfiaSubscriber
Dear ANSYS users.
I hope this post will find you well.
I am working on one way FSI problem ( Fluid fluent transient + Transient structural)
Time of solution is 2s step : 0.00025 , number of nodes fluent side : 165000 and 23000 in transient structural side.
I use system coupling gui to resolve the problem and Ensight to view.
- Quesrion 1: I tried to use external data to export the load amplitude and coordinates yet It was limited only to 10 values while I have nearly 8000 and I can not input that manually as I think it was the only possible way.
- Question 2: I avoided to resolve using System coupling GUI because even the Size of the problem is still considered small yet it take days (15 days to achieve 18%) to resolve it, I tried to enhance the speed by changing the parameters (Parallel fraction from 1 to 12 on each side - fluent and transient) but it was without impact on solution speed. please advice. see picture 1
- Question 3: in the one_way FSI there is only 1 (one) data transfer from side 1 ( fluent) to side (2) transient structural... am I right? see picture 2
October 18, 2022 at 11:05 amRahul MuleAnsys Employee
Yes, with One way FSI data transfer happens only in one direction without any feedback from recipient. As it is one-way coupling you can do it in WB itself. You can add both participant in SyC GUI and one data transfer from from Fluent to Mechanical (for 1 way FSI).
I can't see the pictures you are referring to. Please share them again.
October 18, 2022 at 1:18 pm
October 18, 2022 at 2:08 pmRahul MuleAnsys Employee
Please refer Using Parallel Processing Capabilities (ansys.com) for use of parallel processing capability of System Coupling. RMB on 'Coupling participant' and click on 'parallel solve setup' specify the faction of cores to be used for each participant and total number of cores available. e.g with 12 cores available and fluent fraction of 1 and mechanical fraction of 0.5 will use 12 cores for fluent and 6 cores for mechanical.
November 16, 2022 at 1:56 pmmohammedlaminemekhalfiaSubscriber
Thanks a lot for the feedbacks.
yet, I still have a problem excuting the 1-way (one way) FSI.
the concept of this method is two export the load ( force on the blade surface) from fluent to transient structural so we can plot the displacement per time.
I tried to create the data transfer (one data transfer) - force from fluent side -side1- to target transient structural -side2).
but I could not plot the displacement as I could not find the function to do.
I tried top dit via the external data transfer but because the number of the data point it could be impossible to do it so the coupling system is the only option.
November 21, 2022 at 6:11 am
November 21, 2022 at 7:40 ammohammedlaminemekhalfiaSubscriber
when it is transient, the transfer of the load take only the final value of the transfered force.
I tried also via this method but I could not plot the time function, also using external data to transfer the load does not work as it is limited to 10 value, I have a 500 Hz load??
November 21, 2022 at 7:50 amRahul MuleAnsys Employee
November 21, 2022 at 7:55 ammohammedlaminemekhalfiaSubscriber
I am not sure if I tried that or not, but I will do it and inform you with the outcome.
Thanks a lot
November 23, 2022 at 12:48 pm
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Heat transfer coefficient
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.