Fluids

Fluids

Fluid structure Interaction ( one way) air jets on a plate

• mohammedlaminemekhalfia
      Subscriber

Dear ANSYS users.

I hope this post will find you well.

I am working on one way FSI problem ( Fluid fluent transient + Transient structural)

Time of solution is 2s step : 0.00025 , number of nodes fluent side : 165000 and 23000 in transient structural side.

I use system coupling gui to resolve the problem and Ensight to view.

• Quesrion 1: I tried to use external data to export  the load amplitude and coordinates yet It was limited only to 10 values while I have nearly 8000 and I can not input that manually as I think it was the only possible way.
      • Question 2:  I avoided to resolve using System coupling GUI because even the Size of the problem is still considered small yet it take days (15 days to achieve 18%) to resolve it, I tried to enhance the speed by changing the parameters (Parallel fraction from 1 to 12 on each side - fluent and transient) but it was without impact on solution speed. please advice. see picture 1
      • Question 3:  in the one_way FSI there is only 1 (one) data transfer from side 1 ( fluent) to side (2) transient structural... am I right? see picture 2
    • Rahul Mule
      Ansys Employee

Hi,

Yes, with One way FSI data transfer happens only in one direction without any feedback from recipient. As it is one-way coupling you can do it in WB itself. You can add both participant in SyC GUI and one data transfer from from Fluent to Mechanical (for 1 way FSI).

I can't see the pictures you are referring to. Please share them again.

Regards,

Rahul

Subscriber

attached the images

first image

second image

• Rahul Mule
      Ansys Employee

Hi,

Please refer Using Parallel Processing Capabilities (ansys.com) for use of parallel processing capability of System Coupling. RMB on 'Coupling participant' and click on 'parallel solve setup' specify the faction of cores to be used for each participant and total number of cores available. e.g with 12 cores available and fluent fraction of 1 and mechanical fraction of 0.5 will use 12 cores for fluent and 6 cores for mechanical.

Subscriber

Dear Rahul

Thanks a lot for the feedbacks.

yet, I still have a problem excuting the 1-way (one way) FSI.

the concept of this method is two export the load ( force on the blade surface) from fluent to transient structural so we can plot the displacement per time.

I tried to create the data transfer (one data transfer) - force from fluent side -side1- to target transient structural -side2).

but I could not plot the displacement as I could not find the function to do.

I tried top dit via the external data transfer but because the number of the data point it could be impossible to do it so the coupling system is the only option.

please advise

• Rahul Mule
      Ansys Employee

Hi, 

You can also do it in WB environment. 

Subscriber

when it is transient, the transfer of the load take only the final value of the transfered force.

I tried also via this method but I could not plot the time function, also using external data to transfer the load does not work as it is limited to 10 value, I have a 500 Hz load??

• Rahul Mule
      Ansys Employee

It will import the data for all time steps if source time option 'All' is selected.

Subscriber

I am not sure if I tried that or not, but I will do it and inform you with the outcome.

Thanks a lot

Subscriber

Dear Rahul.

I tried with the suggestion you offered but I still have he same issue and the same problem.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.