Fluids

Fluids

Flutter Study in a transonic flow with FSI

• Simon95
      Subscriber

Hi,

I am working on a project based on the flutter condition of a wing. To do it, I am trying to do a 2 way FSI study with ANSYS-FLUENT. I have already built the wing and done the modal study and the results are quite good. However, I am facing some problems. In my case, the study is at Mach 0.9. The information I have found suggest to modify the static pressure and realize in which case the damping coefficient is zero. 

Which solver is the most accurate one for a transonic flow?

In fluent, I have defined a velocity inlet and pressure outlet, but I dont know if this is correct in this situation.

In which part of the fluent configuration should I put the velocity? 

How can I display the damping coefficient in ANSYS_FLUENT, so I can see the flutter condition?

Thank you in advance.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

You may be better with a pressure far field boundary, over inlet & outlet. Pressure Based Coupled Solver (default in 2019) is probably the best option. I'd also recommend running just the CFD model to start with until you're confident it's doing what you expect: FSI isn't a trivial calculation and not something I'd recommend as an early model. 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.