Electronics

Electronics

Flux density in MotorCAD

• sampathkumar
      Subscriber

I observe different flux densities in the plot and values. I mean in the plot 2.6T is maximum and in the values, it is not. Which is correct???..... May I know the reason for this?

• Navya C
      Ansys Employee

Flux density results are shown only for the predefined variables and locations.
      But the max flux density in your model seems to be at the rotor bridges which is not given in the variables but is shown in the scale.
      Both are correct it is just that where the flux density is maximum on your design is not shown in the flux density variables. Also for the rotor bridges, we want them to be saturated.
      For example, I ran an example model as shown below (here the peak flux density at stator back iron(which is predefined) is matching with the results)

Regards Navya

• sampathkumar
      Subscriber
      Thanks a lot for your response
    • sampathkumar
      Subscriber
      Hello all In the flux density pattern that I attached the flux density in the rotor bridge is saturated....May i know how to overcome it
    • Navya C
      Ansys Employee

I didn't understand why you want to avoid saturation of the rotor bridges?
      If they didn't get saturated all the flux will be confined to the rotor only. If you still want to avoid that just increase the thickness of the bridges.

Regards Navya
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.