General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Following error keeps occuring – PLEASE ASSIST QUICK

Tagged: 

• CraigSneddon
      Subscriber
      The following error keeps occuring right towards the end of my sims and is unsalvageable:n The program is unable to open file file.DSP. If the suggestions in the n associated error messages immediately preceding and/or following this n error message do not help resolve the file issue, please send the data n leading to this operation to your technical support provider, along n with the I/O error code of 30 and the system error code of 4393, for n help in determining the possible reasons as to why this file could not n be opened. nHow do i prevent/sort it as im am currently doing my diss and honestly dont have the time to spare for this nI am using ANSYS Mechanical 2020R1, Research license, performing additive simulationsn
    • CraigSneddon
      Subscriber
      n
    • Mike Rife
      Ansys Employee
      the most usual issue is a full storage drive. Next most usual is some security or backup program had locked the file (for scanning or backup) and MAPDL could not access the file.nMiken
    • CraigSneddon
      Subscriber
      Thanks for replying nThere is plenty of storage and do not believe security is locking file as has been fine all year until last week or so and now every time simulation fails regardless of what it is simulating, it is with this error in this specific folder and I have not updated or changed any security protocolsn
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      If it's worked OK until last week check with IT if it's an administered machine. If you've not altered the Ansys install check for Windows updates, other software installs overwriting system dll's and alterations to the Firewall. n
    • Mike Rife
      Ansys Employee
      Array...has been fine all year until last week or so... is exactly the main clue that some security program is now blocking the solve. Array has a great point to also check for failed OS updates.nMiken
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.