May 20, 2023 at 4:29 pmHAOYU LIUSubscriber
I want to test the bandwidth of the photodiode model used in one paper, and I follow the video of lumerical transient PN junction bandwidth. I think I have set the model and parameters properly, but the results and some phenomenons are strange, the bandwidth decreases as the bias voltage increase, obey the paper. The bandwidth decreases when I use the grading doping in the absorption layer which can produce electric field to accelerate the electrons (the structure is uni-travelling-carrier photodiode). Also, the bandwidth increases as I decrease the mobility of the electrons, very strange. And I find that the carrier life of the Ge (absorption layer, p type) will affect a lot on the bandwidth. I don't know why. I think this transient is mainly about the transit time limited bandwidth because I didn't add additional R or C in the boundary conditions. T he electrical field, bias voltage, carrier mobility and layer structure should affect the bandwidth but the simulation results seems obey some principle. How to fix these problems?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Ansys Insight: Why my simulation result is different from published paper or experiment?
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.