July 3, 2020 at 8:44 pmNicoKleinSubscriber
I have a question regarding the force convergence diagram in transient structural. Is it necessary that the curve of Force Convergence stays under the blue line force criterion? My Solution converged successfully but in another case that I am simulating, the diagram looks nearly the same but does not converge.
How can I fix such a problem? Is there anything I can do with Newton Raphson ?
July 5, 2020 at 8:05 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
Yes, the Force Residual must be < Force Criterion for Convergence to be achieved.
Click on the Solution Information folder and in the Details window is a row called Number of Newton-Raphson Residual Plots. The default is 0. Set that to 3 then Solve. At the end of the run, the last three iterations are saved under the Solution Information folder and you can see where in the mesh the largest force residual was. Make smaller elements around the location of the N-R Force Residual Maximum.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.