General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Forced Response Mode Superposition Bug

• Tayyip
      Subscriber

Hi Everyone, 

I got a problem about how to apply harmonic post results 'manually' in Ansys Harmonic Response Module. I have fan blade with a tuned structure. And I followed methods which are necessary such as

-unsteady pressure mapping

-determining resonance point by inserting a campbell diagram

-applying aerodamping on structure etc.

by using APDL commands.

Yet, I guess there is a BUG (see the attachment) in the harmonic response post module when trying to show results manually such as frequency response. It doesn't work! And I guess this is happening when I use cyclic symmetric structure. It doesn't appear in the full model.

Any idea how to figure this out?

• Kai
      Ansys Employee

Hi Tayyip,

This is a known limitation in MSUP Harmonic with cyclic symmetry. Setting up cyclic symmetric MSUP Harmonic in WB requires rather involved APDL commands and most post-processing (except for modal analysis) are only available through commands objects. Therefore, you have to use command objects to plot Equivalent Stress and Frequency Response.

Thanks,

Kai 

• Tayyip
      Subscriber

Hi Kai,

Thanks for your response. So, is there any other way to map unsteady pressure distribution without using APDL commands. Because I have limited knowledge about commands and try to do this manually.

Thanks,

Tayyip

• Tayyip
      Subscriber

Hi Kai,

I have one more question;

Is there any other way to map unsteady pressure distribution without APDL commands ??

• Kai
      Ansys Employee

Tayyip,

The key here is that running cyclic symmetric MSUP harmonic requires post-processing with APDL commands, so it is not about how you map pressure distribution.  You can try using Full Harmonic method which will not need APDL commands.

Thanks,

• Tayyip
      Subscriber

Hi Kai,

Thanks for the answer. I didn't realize that I asked it double times, sorry.

Have a good day,

Tayyip

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.