November 3, 2022 at 5:58 pmChris StrehlSubscriber
We have some grad students running structural simulations with Explicit Dynamics and this runtime error is popping up occasionally and then going away without any discernable cause on two systems. What I have been able to find so far suggests either something is already accessing the files, either a previous run or windows maintenance tasks like indexing or the antivirus. We have done some restarts/power down and it has still been there, but then they may come back later and the solve will go without any problems. They also appear to be getting wildly different processing times for the same models. 30 min up to 15 hours on a new machine with dual xeon 16 cores, two A6000 gpus - same number of cores utilized and same model.
Thank you for any assistance you can provide!
November 8, 2022 at 3:33 pm
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Colors and Mesh Display
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.