Fluids

Fluids

Fountain Water Jet (determinate shape and height with certain nozzle at certain flow)

• Bogdan
      Subscriber

Hello!

First of all I want to point out that I'm new to ANSYS Fluent (student) and I need some help to start with.

I want to determinate the shape and the height of a fountain jet with a certain nozzle at a certain flow (like the simulation below made with ANSYS Fluent).

Can I have some tips of what settings should I use for this? I need some help to start because the software seems really complex compared to Autodesk CFD which I used before.

Thank you!

• raul.raghav
      Subscriber

Since you mention that you are new to this, I'd really recommed you to go through the following tutorial to get a feel for the interface and the physics. The tutorial is for a 2D jet using Ansys Fluent.

Ansys Fluent 2D Jet

Once you understand the above case, proceed with your actual geometry. Let us know if you have any questions, which you should have if you are doing it right .

• Raef.Kobeissi
      Subscriber

You need to use the VOF model which is a transient multiphase model, 2 materials will have to be assigned, Air and Water. You might need to add surface tension forces between water and air in addition to the gravitational force.

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=73c4ojTW7Hw

• akban
      Subscriber

Hi Raef Kobeissi,

Could you please suggest me how should I approach if the  2 materials are Water and Water. (Water jet in water). In that case, VOF model does not work.

Regards,

Ayan

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

If it's water in water then it's single phase, and should be covered in the basic tutorials attached to the documentation. Click on "help" in Workbench and have a read around the various section. 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.