September 12, 2019 at 12:02 ammekafimeSubscriber
September 12, 2019 at 1:56 ampeteroznewmanSubscriber
This is the force-displacement curve which says nothing about fracture.
I assume you have defined a material using plasticity.
The material has a property called elongation.
Fracture occurs when the Total Equivalent Strain > Elongation.
Plot Total Equivalent Strain vs Displacement.
Increase the force until the Total Equivalent Strain > Elongation then you will have reached fracture.
September 12, 2019 at 3:27 am
September 12, 2019 at 11:08 am
September 12, 2019 at 5:23 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
What is the Elongation material property for your material?
I wonder if the top graph has mislabeled axes? Isn't the vertical axis showing deformation in mm and the horizontal axis showing equiv. total strain?
September 12, 2019 at 9:44 pmmekafimeSubscriber
YS: 315 MPa
US: 400 MPa
The graph was update.
September 13, 2019 at 12:13 ampeteroznewmanSubscriber
Since Elongation is 0.23 and Total Strain > 0.23, that means the simulation has gone past the point where fracture would have occurred.
September 24, 2019 at 3:35 pm
September 25, 2019 at 12:53 ampeteroznewmanSubscriberIt's the maximum total strain in the model that is compared to elongation.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.