Preprocessing

Preprocessing

free face mesh type

• niklas529
      Subscriber

I have some problem about meshing a simple plate. I wanted to generate cubic mesh which has a size of 1mm^3 so I use the hex dominant method. Unfortunately, I failed. Some annoying deformation pop up, so I set the free face mesh type to ''all quad'', but I still failed mysteriously.

Can someone please help me with this ? 

btw, what I used is ANSYS 17.0

• Raef.Kobeissi
      Subscriber

is it a 2d Surface? or a 3d Cube? please see attached case file. The mesh was created using the Cut-Cell method which you need to select in Assembly meshing. I think you can do the same for a plate (2d) geometry

• Raef.Kobeissi
      Subscriber

If you can't open the files I attached, please see a picture of the mesh setup:

• niklas529
      Subscriber

Thanks for your reply. There are some additional setting to this surface. BTW, the object is a ''100mm*100mm*10mm'' cubic plate. Pictures shown below are the detail of it.

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Hello Niklaus,

You can get a uniform mesh if you Slice the solid in DesignModeler into separate bodies using planes on each line on each face of the plate. You then put all the bodies into one part by selecting them all and using Form New Part.  I did a video on Slicing for someone else that may help you.

Regards,

Peter

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.