September 19, 2017 at 9:06 amVishal GanoreAnsys Employee
Friends, We have recently released our 18.2 student product packages. It can be downloaded from here: https://goo.gl/2R7RY3
October 11, 2017 at 7:01 pmvladimir.vitanovSubscriber
I have downloaded and installed this version on a Win 10 64bit machine and there seems to be a problem with the UPF subroutines. There is no v182\customuserwinx64 folder with the anscustom.bat and fortran subroutines as it is stated in the help. Instead there is v182customizeuser folder with the Linux version of the anscustom file.
Am I missing something? The installer didn't gave me on option to choose which ansys components to install (including the user programmable features).
I would like to use the user programmable features to implement custom material model.
October 11, 2017 at 10:36 pmsderekSubscriber
I downloaded the "Ansys student" program from the link above and when I installed the program, I see it's called "ansys viewer 18.2". How can I use this to do beam analysis?
October 11, 2017 at 10:57 pmsderekSubscriber
I think I see what I did wrong. I'm tying to reinstall and follow these steps:
Installation steps for the ANSYS Student products from Release 18.0 onward:
- Extract (unzip) the downloaded installation files.
- Right-click on setup.exe and select Run as Administrator. (This will run setup.exe from the extracted files.)
- Read and accept the clickwrap to continue.
- Click the right arrow button to accept the default values throughout the installation.
- Click the exit button to close the installer.
- The ANSYS Student software is now installed. Congratulations!
October 11, 2017 at 11:39 pmpglAnsys Employee
Vladimir: Try looking under ...ANSYS Student/v18.2/ansys/customize/user
Also can you please re-post your question as a new topic, not under this thread.
October 11, 2017 at 11:46 pm
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- ANSYS License Manager Error
- Limitations to Student License?
- “An error occurred while starting the solver module.” – Maybe licence problem?
- Problem with ANSYS 18.2 SpaceClaim
- Missing Analysis Systems from toolbox
- Please recommend the configuration of the computer workstation
- Not seeing any items in the ANSYS Workbench toolbox?
- The Fluent Application Failed to Start.
- ANSYS 19.1: Can not link the geometry
- Abnormal Exit Error