Electronics

Electronics

Frequency Responce of electromagnetic force in a solenoid with Maxwell

• nemeiju
      Subscriber

Hi everyone, I'm recently working on frequence simulation of a solenoid with Maxwell. I have set soft magnet materials with the right BH curve and chose hysteresis loop to set Hci. But as I changed the current frequency in winding (offset and amplitude kept the same), the output force didn't change in shape at all except that their time inteval changed because of changing frequency. I'm wandering if maxwell can do this kind of simulation or does anyone happens to konw how to carry out this problem? Thanks a lot.

• Escobar8
      Subscriber

Hi, i was wondering if ansys maxwell is available for free for students? if it is, from where can i download it?

• mgardner
      Subscriber

Why did you expect the output force to be different?  If you wanted to see the impact of core losses on the output force, you need to make sure that core losses are enabled for the appropriate objects (Right click on Excitations -> Set Core Loss and then check the appropriate boxes.) and that Maxwell will compute the impact of core losses on the fields (Right click on Excitations -> Set Core Loss and then click on the Advanced tab and make sure that the "Consider core loss effect on field" box is checked.)  You can also create a transient report to evaluate how large the core losses are and whether they should make a noticeable impact on the force.

• dsurendr
      Ansys Employee

Hi,

Unfortunately, Electromagnetics package is not free on the Community, the licenses have to be paid for purchase.

I can get you in touch with the Account Team if you are interested in doing a free trial or purchasing the licenses.

--

Divya Shree Surendran

Thank you.

• nemeiju
      Subscriber

Hi magardner, thanks for your help. My intention in the first time was to figure out what influence would different frequency of input current make on the out force. And now I think this task can not be down. Thanks a lot.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.