March 31, 2020 at 6:49 amazoloSubscriber
For a point on my model I need the Frequency Response Function (FRF) of the Z-rotation after applied torque. In ANSYS Mechanical APDL there is the option but in ANSYS Workbench I don't find it. Is there a way to do it also in ANSYS Workbench?
I hope someone can help me out.
April 11, 2020 at 6:40 amazoloSubscriber
How can I get the rotational displacement in Z (rz) for a point in ANSYS Workbench?
April 11, 2020 at 3:40 pm
April 13, 2020 at 10:52 amazoloSubscriber
I have now found a way but I don't know if there is a easier way.
My steps to get the rotational FRF are:
- Create a remote point on the point of the part where you need rotational displacement
- Add the following APDL command to the remote point
- Create an APDL command in the solution of the harmonic response (RS).
(Since I need the frequency range from 0 to 4000 Hz and the solution itervalls are 1000 I do this through a script)
*cfopen,'rot_z_FRF','txt' ! create a text file
*do, i, 1, 1000 ! the solutions intervalls from the analysis settings
*vwrite, my_freq, my_rot_z
How can I read the value of the solutions intervalls automaticly from the analysis settings?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.