January 22, 2018 at 1:23 pmhollowaySubscriber
I have a Windows 7 VM running on my MacBook. I've been regularly running HFSS Version 17, 18.0, 18.2 without issue. I have a full (academic) license. I downloaded and installed the R19 EDT software this morning. When I launch the software, I get the splash screen and a message saying it is waiting on the license server for about a minute. At this point, the software crashes.
To be clear, I can still launch and use AnsysEDT version 17, 18, 18.2 without issue. The license server is running just fine. When I installed the R19 software, I selected "use existing license" and encountered no issues.
I have rebooted the VM a number of times. Each time I reboot and attempt to start EDT R19, I received a dialogue stating the software was unable to check out a number of licenses (hfss_gui, etc.).
A Lic. Manager or port problem?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Signing up as ANSYS Support Coordinator
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Running ANSYS HFSS on multiple nodes on SLURM based cluster
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- Number of parallel paths in Ansys Maxwell
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.