General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Friction Heat in Coupled Field Transient

• Metehan Emirzeoğlu
      Subscriber

Dear Ansys Users;

Since my research location is related to the frictional behavior of 3D solid models, I wanted to start my tests with simple models as seen in the photo. I think I can perform my tests in Couple Field Transient analysis since I can control the mechanical and thermodynamic properties of the models in the same way. When the connection between the two parts is no separation, the problem is being solved; When the connection in question is defined as friction, the problem gives the error in the photo. I just entered the coefficient of friction to define the friction link and left everything else to program control. Since the connection type is frictional, I assigned a convection coefficient to the material against the heat that will occur.

When I watched other videos on the internet, I noticed that friction problems were solved in Couple Field Transient with 2D analysis or in Transient Structural using APDL. However, these solutions will not work on advanced models. I would be glad if you could help me to solve this problem.

Unsuccessful Frictional Analysis

Successful No-Sepreration Analysis

• Erik Kostson
      Ansys Employee

Hi 

There is an example similar to what you are trying to model above, in our help manual and under the workbench techn. show cases:

Chapter 28: Friction Stir Welding (FSW) Simulation

Chapter 28: Friction Stir Welding (FSW) Simulation (ansys.com)

All the best

Erik

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.