Fluids

Fluids

FSI in water structure

• Rana Nasser
      Subscriber

Hi everyone!

I'm doing a simulation for a water structure to study the behavior of the whole structure when subjected to dynamic load as a part of my master thesis, so I'm using macro modeling approach. Now I need to simulate the water upstream and downstream the regulator's (the water structure) gates to take the hydrodynamic effect due to the water into account. and I thought that I need to simulate the water using a fluent system connected to the transient system and a coupling system to add the FSI to the model, but actually I’m newel to Ansys especially Fluent and don’t have a good experience in CFD.

First, is this the optimum method to add the FSI according to the attached model?

• Raef.Kobeissi
      Subscriber

For some reason, I couldn't open your file. I have a tutorial that shows you how to setup an FSI case (System coupling):

• Rana Nasser
      Subscriber

Hi Raef,

Thank you for your attention, I have attached the file again please take a look and tell me if the coupled FSI is the best way to take the hydrodynamic effect of the water on the barrage or there is another less complicated way? 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.